Last Updated: Sept 16, 2022
Hosanna Higher Technologies Company Ltd goes to the great pain to make sure we responsibly make use of our technological solutions, a benevolent thing. We believe that everyone has a right to privacy and we see it as key to building trust between us and our esteemed customers.
As result of that principle, we have developed this policy to ensure that your data and your general privacy are protected and that you can work with us with a peace of mind.
As a business digital solutions and technology company, we’re providing this privacy statement to explain how we collect, use, share or otherwise process information when you interact with us and our offerings, services and experiences, or when businesses provide us with your information. This statement is applicable to all our products and services, and it describes our privacy practices when we process:
i. Personal information for the purposes of providing the benefits of our solutions (including through our mobile applications and desktop applications)
ii. Personal information as necessary to manage, run, improve and develop our business and personalize your experience while interacting with our solutions.
Hosanna Higher Technologies determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information, as described in this statement, and therefore acts as ‘data controller’ (or equivalent terms) for purposes recognized by certain data privacy laws. If you have any questions about the processing of your personal information, please contact us using means described in the section “How to Contact Us” below.
This statement does not apply where Hosanna Higher Technologies processes personal information as a service provider (or equivalent role under data privacy laws, such as data processor) on behalf of a customer or entity who acts as the data controller, for example, the developer apps connected to our Accounting Package or other software products. When we act as a service provider, the privacy statement of the relevant data controller and our agreements with such business or entity will govern our processing of such personal information.
In certain circumstances, there may be more than one data controller processing your information. For example, your employer or a financial partner may also act as a data controller. In these situations, we act as an independent data controller over our processing activities – meaning that we make determinations over how your personal information will be processed independently from the other data controllers. The other data controllers have their own obligations under applicable information privacy laws. Hosanna Higher Technologies is not responsible for the processing of other data controllers (including developers utilizing API from our products) and you should contact them directly for questions on how they process your personal information and for exercising your privacy rights in relation to such processing.
HOSANNA HIGHER TECHNOLOGIES PLATFORMS
When we say “platform” we mean that when you choose to share data with us, or bring over information from third parties (like a bank or thrid-party developers), we use that data together, not just within the individual offering(s) you’re using. This means that, for example, your bookkeeping details from Adiuta Business Assistant, Ticketing details from Nasafiri application, and events information from your Ticket Kwanza events.
The personal information we use in this centralized way is all the information that Hosanna Higher Technologies knows about you, either because you are an end user of our services or a third-party-customer (like a subscriber to a third-party developer) whose personal information has been included in one of our Platforms. It includes information such as your credentials; your name and contact details; payment information; information about your activities, behavior, your interests and preferences (including purchase history with Hosanna Higher Technologies or if you’re a third-party customer, our customers); insights about your finances, business; the content you or others place about you in our Platforms; and information we have collected about you from third-party sources.
Organizational account information
Some experiences and services within our Platforms allow you to interact with an organization (such as your employer). If you are granted access to an organization or household account (for example, a business’s account in Adiuta Business Assistant), the owner of the organization or a designated administrator may control and administer details of your account, for example, by deciding your access rights; making decisions about your personal information (such as details about your payroll); or requiring you to take certain actions (for example, use location tracking the Technician if he is indeed at the asset he is supposed to fix). If your access rights are amended by the owner or designated administrator, then you may lose access to the information that is in the control of the organization.
Your use of our platforms as part of an organization’s account may be subject to the organization’s policies, which may be different from this Statement. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other organizations, and you should consider both the organization’s policies and whether you are comfortable enabling the organization with access to your information prior to connecting to their services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we receive from you
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with us, how you configure your account and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that we receive from you may also depend upon what services, functionalities or experiences you use, your location and applicable law.
- Creating an account. We collect information when you (or your organization) create an account, interact with the our Platforms or activate a subscription. Personal information may include your name, address, phone number and email, country, profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
- When a business provides it. We collect information when a business you interact with provides us with information about you (for example, when you are a customer contact), including information such as your name, email address and telephone number.
- Identification information. We may collect information to verify your identity, including your name, National ID or equivalent, social insurance number, driver’s license numbers, government-issued identification details when we need to verify your identity, when we are required to do so.
- Customer support, product research, training and feedback. We may collect personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number and any other personal information you choose to share when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, subscribe to marketing, attend our events, participate in product research or training or otherwise interact or communicate with us.
- Social and community content. We receive content you post on our social media pages and our community pages.
- Online behavioral data. We may automatically collect certain information about your use and interactions with our websites, customers’ websites or e-commerce stores, Platform, social media websites, and marketing campaigns that we or our customers organize, including device information (such as your IP address and unique device IDs), page view information and search results, links and if you are a customer contact, whether or not a campaign presented or sent to you using our offerings has been viewed, delivered, opened, clicked on, whether it has bounced or was treated as spam.
- Device information. We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers or location information. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
- Business and financial information. We may receive information about your business, your finances, expenses, invoices, financial statements, details of your financial transactions, payroll details, payment details, tax return details, details about your customers or vendors or employees, income and wage information, and/or investment information.
- Third-party service content. We receive information about you when you sign into a third-party service with your account or when you connect your account to a third-party service. For example, you may choose to connect your account with your bank accounts or social media platforms. To sync your financial account information, we must access your financial account information.
- Usage information. We may collect information about your usage of our Platforms, such as the pages you viewed, the services and features you used or interacted with, your browser type and details about any links or communications with which you interacted.
- Location information. Certain features in the Our Platforms may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. For example, if you use our Computer Aided Maintenance in Adiuta Business Assistant or Nasafiri mobile application.
- Expert advice. Some of our Platforms provides many opportunities for you to connect with live experts, including, for example, accountants or tax consultants. When you interact with these experts, we may receive information about the questions you ask, the details of your accounts and the guidance provided to you.
- Camera and contacts. Certain features may have access to your camera and contacts if you grant permission in your device settings.
- Information from cookies and other technologies. Hosanna Higher Technologies and our service providers may use commonly used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects and similar technologies (collectively “cookies”) to collect information about you (“Cookie Information”) so we can provide the experiences you request, recognize your visit, track your interactions, and improve your and other customers’ experience.
- Information stored locally. Some of our web-enabled desktop services and offerings synchronize with the information on your computer. In doing so, we may collect information such as device information, product usage, and error reports. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
Information provided by others
Our Platforms are designed to help you connect with other people and organizations. As a result of those connections, others may be able to input information about you, including business customers using the our Platforms. For example, one of our customers may share information about you with us in order to use and benefit from one of our Platform. You may also be able to input or process information about others, for example, if you are an account administrator of one of our products or use our platforms to manage customer lists. If you input information about others into our platform, you must only do so if you have first provided sufficient notice and received the appropriate rights and permissions to do so, including having an appropriate legal basis for doing so, such as getting advanced written consent, if required by applicable law.
We may also get information about you from others where permitted by applicable law. We protect and process information obtained from those parties as described in this Privacy Statement, consistent with any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. Our sources may vary over time and depend upon how you use our Platforms. For example, we receive information from:
- Your service providers. If you choose to sync a third-party account/service with your Hosanna Higher Technologies account in any of our Platforms, we will receive information from that account/service according to your settings with that account/service. For example, if you connect a third-party developer app to your Adiuta Business Account, we may receive details of your business’s sales records.
- Supplemental information and identity verification providers. Service providers who help us verify your identity, the specifics of your business and/or supplement the information you have provided and ensure the accuracy of your information. For example, we may use third-party service providers to validate your mailing address, phone number or provide additional details about your business. These providers may include, for example, your financial institution, telecommunications provider or email provider.
- Customer Support providers. Service providers who provide us with information about you or your interaction with our Platforms for troubleshooting purposes. For example, we may obtain support information or technical issues you have raised with these third parties.
- Other users. As described above, we may get information about you from other users, such as your accountant, bookkeeper, tax consultant, your spouse, your head of household, your employer or other business customers using our Platforms (e.g. businesses from which you buy products or services, or with which you otherwise interact). We may also collect such information through features like member referral programs.
- Risk management, Cybersecurity & Anti-fraud providers. We may receive information from service providers who help us assess risks associated with our offerings, including to help combat fraud, illegal activity and to help protect your personal information.
- Content providers. We may receive information from software providers that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as local business reviews or public social media posts.
- Communication providers & Social networks. We or our third party service providers may collect information from email providers, communication providers and social networks, including to monitor public discussion about our brands. Where we are legally required, we ask for your permission to collect this information.
- Joint offering partners. We may offer co-branded services or experiences or engage in joint-marketing activities with others, including through our conferences or live events.
- Publicly-available and third-party sources. We collect information from publicly available and other third-party sources, such as open government databases.
- Government agencies. We receive information from government agencies, including from various tax agencies.
- Required information. Some services and experiences in our Platforms require you to provide information for it to function. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not be able to use certain features or Platforms.
How we use personal information
We collect and process personal information about you where:
- We have your consent to do so;
- We have a contract with you and it is necessary to process your personal information to perform our contract with you, including to provide you with the benefits of our Platforms and operate our business;
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests (in those jurisdictions where legitimate business interest is a legitimate basis for processing) such as operating our businesses, improving and developing our Platforms, communicating with you, marketing our offerings and services and personalizing your experience, and to detect illegal activities; or
- We need to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information is used for the following purposes including to:
- Provide you with our Platforms, create your account and manage our relationship with you
- Improve and develop our products and services by analyzing how they are used and interacted with, as well as by assessing the use of and interactions with our Platforms and certain content our customers send or display through the Platform, including by conducting data analytics to develop insights about you, your needs and preferences so we can make more informed predictions, recommendations and products for our customers
- Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes
- Evaluate your eligibility for financial or other marketing offers, products and services
- Provide features to you, such as your Technicians efficiency reports
- Connect you with experts and other users
- Communicate with you, such as sending you electronic notifications concerning your financial privacy
- Protect against misuse or abuse of our services and ensure compliance with our terms, including in relation to content our customers send or display through the Platform
- Market our services, products and experiences, including to deliver gifts and promotional materials, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications via email, post, telephone, SMS or push notifications, in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Personalize your experience and tailor recommendations, advertising and offers presented to you, including through the development of insights about you and your needs based on your interactions with the products, services and offerings of our platform
- Combine and anonymize information about your interactions with our Platforms to create aggregate, anonymized statistics for use in research and for marketing, promoting, improving and developing our platform
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Authenticate your identity.
- Manage event registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you
- Register visitors to our offices for security reasons and manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign
- Protect the rights, property, safety or security of our Platforms, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
- Exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings
- Enforce, remedy or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements and/or
- Process your information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
To provide you with valuable personalized advice, recommendations and experiences, we may process your personal information using automated and manual methods. Our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI) and a range of technologies that help our services learn and reason to improve our ability to personalize and enhance your experience in our Platforms.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We only share your information with third parties when you have directed us to do so.
When you connect with an our Developer Platform partner. You may be provided with offers, products, and services from third-party companies who integrate with one of our Platform (“Platform Partner”). If you choose to interact with a Platform Partner, apply for their services or offerings or otherwise link or sync your account to a Platform Partner’s product or service, you consent and direct us to share your information, including personal information, to the Platform Partner providing the service or offering.
In some cases, if you click through to go to a Platform Partner’s site, you will automatically be sending your personal information to that Platform Partner. When this happens, you will still have to submit your application on the Platform Partner’s site. Remember that any information you provide to a Platform Partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
When you connect to your social media account. Some of our features enable you to connect to a social media account or share information on social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Any information you choose to share on social media may potentially be visible to a global audience and will be subject to the social media provider’s privacy policies (not this Privacy Statement). You should take care only to share information on social media that you are comfortable sharing.
When you publicly post the information.We may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include personal information, such as your name or user name. Anything you share in a public forum is public, and you should think carefully before you decide to share.
With service providers or agents. We share personal information with our service providers or agents who provide services on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Service providers or agents are required to implement reasonable privacy and information protection controls to maintain the privacy and security of information provided to them consistent with the privacy practices outlined in this Statement. Service providers or agents may include companies that assist us with our advertising, marketing and sales efforts, help us with our technology offerings (such as a hosting, security or anti-fraud providers) and help us run our business.
For mergers and acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the transaction date.
No sale of personal information to third parties. We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third parties for the business purposes described in this Statement.
With our affiliates and subsidiaries and your right to limit information sharing. We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for everyday business purposes as described in this Statement, including for marketing purposes, for improving and developing our offerings and for personalizing your experience on our Platform. Certain laws may provide you with the right to limit our information sharing activities in certain circumstances.
For advertising and analytics.Hosanna Higher Technologies may use advertising networks and other providers to display advertising on our Platforms or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our advertising partners may place cookies on unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests and determine the effectiveness of such advertisements.
For legal reasons. We may share your information with third-parties for legal reasons without your consent, and as permitted by law, including:
- When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Hosanna Higher Technologies, our Platforms, our customers or others
- To protect or defend against attacks
- To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements
- To prevent fraud, Cybersecurity attacks or illegal activity
- For debt collection
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
At Hosanna Higher Technologies, we believe that you have rights to information that pertains to you, your household and/or your business. If another person has input or processed information in our Platforms about you or on behalf of you, your family or your business (and we are processing such information as data controller), you may ask to receive a copy of your information, even if you do not have an account with us.
To help protect privacy and the security of your information, you may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity and/or ownership rights prior to us exercising your data rights. If we are unable to verify your identity or ownership rights to the data, we may not be able to provide you with data rights until you are able to provide us with proper documents.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements and provide you with services and the benefits of our Platforms and successfully run our business. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us);
- to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
This means we may keep different information for different periods. If your account is canceled because you’ve not used it in a long time, we may delete this information straight away.
There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.
International data transfers
You agree and Hosanna Higher Technologies reserves the right to store and process your personal information in any country where Hosanna Higher Technologies or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities in accordance with and as permitted by applicable laws and regulations. Some of these countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
When we transfer, store or process personal information outside of your jurisdiction, we take appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable law. We may use contracts or the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by Tanzanian Government, the European Commission, US or, as may be applicable, the equivalent clauses approved by the UK Government, to help ensure your information is protected.
Security of your personal information
We use physical, technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Changes to our Privacy Statements
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. If we make material changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice in our platform or on a community post; by sending you a notification; or by other means consistent with applicable law.
You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about how Hosanna Higher Technologies protects your privacy.
Collection and use of children’s personal information
Our services are not intended for or directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe we may have information from a child, please contact us.
Hosanna Higher Technologies Company Limited,
P.O Box 13162, Dar es Salaam,
United Republic of Tanzania.
You can directly contact us via our contact forms in our website: https://www.hosannahighertech.co.tz/contact